Tuesday, June 12, 2012

White Bread

When my daughter was little, she disliked stone ground whole wheat bread....so I made her a deal and told her if she would eat it, I would alternately make whole wheat and white bread.  It only took a couple of years before she learned to like whole wheat and I no longer had to make white.  
I was in the mood to make white bread yesterday.  I made a phone call to my trusty recipe source (aka, Mom) and she shared this recipe that she got from my sister in law.  It was easy and turned out to be delicious!


White Bread
5 C. hot water
3 Tblsp. yeast
2/3 C. oil
2/3 C. honey
1 1/2 Tblsp. salt
1/2 C. powdered milk
13 C. flour

Combine and knead in mixer for 8 minutes.  Let rise for 20 minutes.  Divide into 5 balls and shape into loaves.  Place in greased pans.  Let rise till doubled.  Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
Enjoy sliced warm smothered in butter and honey.



No comments:

Post a Comment