Saturday, June 23, 2012

Crazy quilting

As you know by now, I am not a huge fan of hand sewing.  I have been working on this crazy quilt for my daughter for a very long time.  I really enjoyed piecing it together and do love the finished product of a hand stitched seam.  I figured I had better create a post with a few of the squares and tell you I will post pictures of it completed within the year so I have a deadline for myself.  It is a great project I can grab and take with me when I go somewhere that involves some sitting down time.
I have learned a ton of embroidery stitches, some Russian punch needle, and have meddled in ribbon embroidery as well.  I like the crazy quilt because it is an old style of quilt traditionally done in dark colors.  I chose pastels just to be different and have liked how it is turning out.  The texture and busyness of the quilt are fascinating to me.  I even placed an embroidered spider on one square in keeping with tradition and good fortune.






No comments:

Post a Comment