Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Independence Day





The fourth of July is fast approaching and I took a few minutes today to put out some festive decorations.  Pillows are fun and easy to make; plus they add color and interest to a room.  I hooked one of these pillows with burlap and wool yarn, two of them were made by my Mom and two were purchased for a few dollars on an after the holiday clearance sale.
They adorn an antique European bench in my dining room.
Here is to hoping you have an excellent Holiday and spend time with loved ones doing the things you enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I just love your patriotic pillows - but also need to comment on the beautiful quilt in the background- it looks like a cherished heirloom. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn. The quilt is a replicated piece; I tried to duplicate a very old one my Mom has. It was a fun project and I do love it! Here's to wishing you a very happy holiday as well!

      Delete