Monday, June 18, 2012

Chocolate Cookie Bars

These bars are good.  I personally think they would be better with semi-sweet chocolate chips or even butterscotch chips.  I used milk chocolate and am going to try something new next time.  Problem is, I love trying new recipes and am unsure if I will ever make these again!  So, if you happen to try them and use a different kind of chip, would you let me know how they turn out?  Thanks a bunch!



Chocolate chip bars
3/4 C. butter
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoons vanilla 
2 cups and 2 tbsp flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips 

Melt butter in a large mixing bowl and stir in the brown sugar. Mix in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Add flour, salt and soda and gently mix until almost combined. Add choc chops and stir in until just combined.  
Spread mixture into greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
Bake at 325* for 30 minutes.
Cool and cut into small squares or rectangles in the pan.

2 comments:

  1. Really? They weren't good with milk chocolate? Or is it just something I would love and you don't ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were lacking in flavor for me; just a tad bland and needed something stronger. I think butterscotch might be just the thing. My kids really liked them.

      Delete