Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chicken Stuffed Crepes

I tried this new recipe last night and liked it.  Of course I changed the original recipe and will write what I did.  My choosiest child even liked these; what is not to like about a crepe!  I have my grandmothers crepe recipe and generally do not try new ones as I am frequently disappointed.  This time, I was not disappointed in the least.  They were easy to make and very delicious.  Crepes freeze well so you could double the batch if you wanted to freeze some for a later date.

Crepes: 
1 1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 1/3 cup flour
4 eggs beaten
1 teaspoon salt

Mix well. Pour 3 Tablespoons batter into pan that has been sprayed with Pam (or nonstick cooking spray).  I use an electric crepe maker and I love it!

Chicken Filling:
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
8 oz of fat free sour cream
2 1/2 cups cooked chicken

Combine cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Split in half. Combine one half of the mixture with the chicken and reserve the rest. 

Mushroom Sauce:
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 small chopped onion
Diced bell peppers (optional)
1 cube chicken bouillon
2 tablespoons water
 5 or 6 sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup cheddar cheese

Melt the butter and saute the onion and pepper in it.  Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes more.  Add the water and bouillon cube.  Combine with the reserved portion of the soup mixture.  
Line crepes with filling. Roll up and place in pan like enchiladas. Pour sauce over top. Cover with foil.  Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle top with grated cheddar cheese and return to oven for 10 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment