Sunday, March 4, 2012

Re-vamping the kitchen counter.

I have this affinity to old things.  I love primitive, grungy furniture.  Square nails set my heart a flutter.  100 year old pine is close to my soul.  I have been collecting old furniture for about 20 years and have some family pieces in my trove of treasures.  Bead board cupboards and dovetailed edges are top notch in my world.  I have several collections; old crocks, grain scoops, wooden buckets, dough troughs, and pewter.  I recently went to an antique sale and acquired this old cupboard that is perfect for the top of my counter.  It is up for debate as to whether I was born in the wrong century or if I am just fond of the way antiques seem to be reminiscent of bygone days.        

4 comments:

  1. I also live in your world! Just enjoy the old with the microwave oven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know we have something in common! I do enjoy modern conveniences as well. Not sure I could get along without them!

      Delete
  2. Can you put a sticky note with my name on the bottom of that one??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You betcha! But are you sure I will die first?? Riding on a tractor can be dangerous! ;)

      Delete