Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Salsa!

Made some salsa tonight.  Loved it and thought I would share what I did, more for my reference when I want some again and can't remember what I did the last time.  Yes, I have had to refer to my own blog for my own recipe.  I have even misplaced recipes and have been glad I posted them on here!

In a food processor, combine about 1C. chopped cilantro, 1 small onion, 1 small garlic clove, 3 tsp. lime juice, 1 anaheim pepper, 1 small orange and 1 small yellow pepper (sorry folks, don't know the proper names of these little guys).  Add a dash of salt, sugar and cumin.  Three cans of stewed tomatoes with green chilies in them.  Pulse.  Vary in many different ways according to your tastes.
Fresh salsa is so good (almost as good as the dance)!  I like doing it this way because you don't have to use fresh tomatoes which aren't always the best in the off season.



No comments:

Post a Comment