Monday, March 5, 2012

Salute to Saint Patrick's Day!


I am unsure why stores seem to want to skip right over St. Patrick's Day and go from Valentine's Day straight to Easter.  I happen to like the day of luck.  Five or six years ago, Hersheys candy made the BEST St. Patrick's Day kisses!  They were creme de menthe flavored.  I fell in love with them and even saved the bag with the recipe for brownie bites on it.  I sent Hersheys an email as well to request they make them again.  The reply I received, told me that they do make them around the holidays, but they don't.  They produce Irish Creme (which by the way are sick! Don't waste your money) and mint truffle.  I guess sometimes, the best things only come around once in a lifetime! 
My daughter made this 'LUCKY' banner.  I think it is so cute and she was so excited to have a decoration for St. Patrick's Day.  It is just paper letters glued on to old pages from a book with some jute string attaching it together.  




May you remember to wear green and snog your sweetie this month!  Did you know that the original color associated with Saint Patrick's Day was blue?  Saint Patrick is said to have used the shamrock to explain the holy trinity to the pagan Irish. 



    
 Here is a picture of a shamrock pillow I made to display this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment