Thursday, February 23, 2017

Smoked Turkey Extraordinaire!

This is my go to recipe for turkey brine which is a must have in my opinion! I have even used it on a frozen turkey and it is still amazingly delicious! 
My husband has a Traeger smoker. We tried a large turkey on it and it ended up being a tad dry (probably due to user downfalls). However, when we tried a small turkey, it was the best!
If you don't have access to a smoker, this is still my favorite brine for making your turkey mouthwateringly tender!


1 bunch fresh thyme
5 bay leaves
3/4 kosher salt
1 tsp. peppercorns
1 & 1/2 cups sugar
1 bunch fresh rosemary
a few orange peels if desired
3 quarts hot water
3 quarts ice

Dissolve everything in hot water and then add ice. Immerse turkey and soak in fridge 8-12 hours. Cook as usual. I double this for a huge bird. I have a bucket I use and if it's 40* outside or cooler, I simply stick it outside overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment