Saturday, December 24, 2016

Apple Pie!

Best EVER Apple Pie! (easy too):

Here is a combination of recipes which create my favorite apple pie. I tried several recipes and though they were good, there was always that one pesky thing that I didn't completely love about each one. I have experimented and created this recipe which is simply fabulous!

In a medium saucepan, melt 1 cube butter, 1/4 c. heavy cream, 1/2 c. sugar, 1/2 c. brown sugar combined with 3 Tbsp. flour and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon.
Cook until the sugar dissolves.
Peel and slice 6-8 apples (I like granny smith)
Pour the cooked mixture over the apples and toss.
In a food processor combine:
7 Tbsp. butter
3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
heaping 1/4 c. pecans or walnuts
and a dash of salt
Place an unbaked pie crust in a pie plate and add apples. Pour the crumb mixture over the top and bake at 425* for 15 minutes the lower the oven temp to 350* and continue baking for 40 minutes.
I usually line a foil lined cookie sheet to place under the pie as it will drip while baking.










No comments:

Post a Comment