Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pioneers!

In a sense, I suppose we are all pioneers of a sort.  This day brings a flood of memories to my mind.  I have read many inspiring stories of the groups of people and individuals who believed and wanted something so much they sacrificed their lives to obtain it.  Freedom from oppression and from those who would strive to take away the rights this great country allows, was what required these brave folks to attempt what they did.  I am in awe of their bravery and all they endured.
It helps put life in perspective to hear of some of their trials and hardships.  We sometimes complain if we are in a place where we can't get cell phone service or if traffic is backed up!  We have and enjoy so many modern conveniences, and we really don't know what life would be without them.
On this day, I am thankful for the simple things life has to offer; things such as toilet paper, toothpaste, refrigerators, microwaves, hot water, comfortable and quick modes of transportation, and last but not least, a soft mattress.
When we do not have to work hard or fight for something, we frequently take those things for granted.  I hope you appreciate those who have come before and fought or sacrificed in some way to make your life what it is today; whether that person is a pioneer, a veteran, or simply your parents; I do hope you take a moment to reflect and feel gratitude for what you do have.
I have been through some experiences as of late that have changed my outlook on life. I have come to the realization that life is very fragile and can change in a single day or moment.  Never compare what you have to that of someone else.  Always be grateful for each moment you are alive.  Never take for granted the rich blessings of life.
Despite the difficulties and challenges we face, we truly do live lives filled with riches.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment