Monday, May 9, 2011

Pulchritudinous! (look it up)




I used to live in a very smoggy city. When I moved to the country, one of the things I missed the most were the vibrant sunsets that occurred on a regular basis. A few months ago, we experienced a beautiful sunset where I currently live. I ran outside and snapped a photo because this type of thing only lasts momentarily and if you are not quick, you are liable to miss it. I am not a photographer and only have a very small inexpensive camera. Despite this, I feel like this photo actually captured some of the true colors in the sky. It has been my experience that most often when something looks amazing in nature, it is often next to impossible to capture the intense colors on film with average equipment. This photo is taken from my house, looking to the west. I had to crop out a power line but I thought it turned out pretty and wanted to share the beauty. I really like the colors. Sunsets are one of my favorite things! I am not sure a sunset can be physically beautiful.....I probably should have used resplendent for the title but I like learning new words and pulchritudinous is one of the strangest words I have ever encountered!


No comments:

Post a Comment