Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Evil Chex Mix!


I have a good friend named Julie whom I took some of this to one day and she told me that her family calls this the "Evil Chex Mix"! The name is so fitting it stuck and now it is referred to as the same in our house. You will understand why when you read the list of ingredients.

I guess my blog should be a food blog considering all the food I post on here! Admittedly, I spend half of my day in the kitchen so I guess that is why you see a lot of food posts! I do love the kitchen! If I could have one room in my house that never needed entering, it would be the laundry room! I loathe laundry! You can breathe easy, you will never see me posting something about folding socks....just in case you were worried!

Evil Chex Mix!
1/2 box of Rice, Corn, and Wheat Chex cereals
1 pound raisins and 1 pound salted peanuts
Combine the cereals, raisins and peanuts
2 cubes of butter
2 cups of white corn syrup
2 cups of white sugar
combine the butter, corn syrup and sugar in a heavy pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, take off heat and add 1 Tablespoon of vanilla. Pour over the cereal mixture. Stir well. Let cool and enjoy!
You can subtract what you don't like or add things you do. For example, add some flaked coconut or a different kind of nut. Experiment using a different variety of cereal as well. Sunflower seeds are good in it too. Be creative and have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment