Sunday, May 1, 2011

Peanut Butter Bars...a little bit of heaven!

These bars are the ultimate comfort food! Whomever came up with the brilliant idea of combining peanut butter and chocolate is a true genius! I will be forever indebted to them. When I make these, I double the recipe and use a 16x10" pan. I am not sure where I got this size of pan but I love it!! I double the icing recipe as well. What more could you ask for????



Peanut Butter Bars with Chocolate Icing.

1/2 C. Butter
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1 egg
1/3 C. Peanut Butter
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 C. Flour
1 C. Oatmeal

Cream butter, sugars and peanut butter together. Add egg and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients and add to peanut butter mixture. Stir in oatmeal. Spread in a greased 9x13" pan. Bake in a 350* oven 15-20 minutes. Do not over bake.

Chocolate Icing

2 and 1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
2 Tblsp. Cocoa
1/4 C. Butter
3-4 Tblsp. Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla

Blend until smooth. Spread over cooled bars. Enjoy them with a milk chaser.


No comments:

Post a Comment