Friday, May 20, 2011

Fruit or Vegetable???



Did you know that I tried to look up whether rhubarb is a fruit or vegetable and it is debatable? Some internet sites say it is a fruit because it is used in making pies....sounds logical! One site proclaimed it to be an herb. The majority of the sites I looked at declared it a vegetable. Vegetable Pie? Hmmm....perfect in my book! You can have your dessert and eat your vegetables at the same! Isn't everyone all about saving time these days?

Stewed rhubarb is one of my favorite things to eat. When I was a kid my brother and I would dare each other to eat it raw! If you have ever tried this, you know it can make you pucker like no other! I don't know if this is true but I have heard that rhubarb leaves are poisonous! It is the most interesting vegetable I have ever eaten. I made a pie the other day using the recipe on The Pioneer Woman's website. The streusel topping was fun for a change. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment