Sunday, May 13, 2012

Tapioca Jello Salad

Growing up, we ate a lot of jello.  For some reason, I think of Bill Cosby when I hear the word, 'Jello'; that and the words, 'chocolate cake' always tug at the corners of my mouth accompanied by an image of Bill's contagious smile.  My parents had six kids and I suppose jello was a good filler food.  My Dad has always been fond of it.  I have a few jello recipes I use now and then.  This is one of my favorites.

Yummy Jello

1 small package of coconut cream pudding mix (the cooked kind).
1 small package of tapioca (the cooked kind as well in the same size box as the jello).
1 small package of apricot flavored jello


Boil the above with 3 C. water for a couple of minutes.  Cool.  Add one package of Dream Whip made according to directions on the package.  Fold in a strained can of mandarin oranges and one sliced banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment