Sunday, May 13, 2012

Marnie's Meatloaf

Twenty some odd years ago, I created my own meatloaf recipe when I found it difficult to make one that I liked and that would  hold its form.  I do enjoy fresh basil and sun dried tomatoes in a meatloaf but did not put those ingredients in this time.  I do have some basil growing in my window sill, but alas, it is not large enough to harvest yet.

My Mom recently had knee surgery and I have been trying to take a few meals to her and my Dad so they don't starve to death.  I made meatloaf, rolls, jello salad, funeral potatoes, and carrot cake today. Seeing how it is Mother's Day, we will render the meatloaf a new name....

Mother's Day Meatloaf

2 lbs ground beef
2 eggs
3/4 C. oatmeal
3/4 C. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 can of tomato soup
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 chopped onion
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Firmly press into a loaf pan and bake at 350* for an hour and a half.






No comments:

Post a Comment