Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bran Muffins

Not sure if these are a true bran muffin, but in my search for a bran muffin as good as the ones at Mimi's cafe, this is as close as I have come to this point.  Never fear, my search is not over!
My cousin has had to ask me several times for this recipe and I am just now getting around to posting it for her. 
I generally use freshly stone ground whole wheat flour.  This time I tried a store purchased whole wheat pastry flour for fun.  They are a tad lighter in color than when stone ground flour is used.  
Oh, one more thing....be sure you have a good blender!  This dough gives mine a run for its money!

Bran Muffins

1 C. oil
1 and 1/2 C. brown sugar
2 C. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 C. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda

Blend in a blender until mixed.  Pour into paper lined muffin tins and bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes.  Yield: 24

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment