Sunday, February 5, 2012

So Sweet Sunday





This is an extremely easy cake to make. I cannot remember where I got the recipe. My 14 year old boy learned to make this a few years ago and used to make one every Sunday. He can no longer be talked into it; must be the age. He will turn 15 this week and has other interests. I decided to make one today as everyone was craving it and we hadn't had it in a long time. I do have to admit that half of the cake stuck in the pan! It is baked in a bundt pan and this picture is only half of the cake. I haven't glazed this cake yet either because it calls for orange juice, I do not have any and couldn't think of a suitable substitute. So if you decide to make a poppy seed cake, your finished product will likely look much better than this one does. :)
P.S. The top picture is of the poppy seed cake that I made for my son's birthday. It did not stick and is pictured glazed. The glaze makes a ton and I usually like to set the cake in a bowl so more of the glaze soaks into the cake.

Poppy Seed Cake
1 cake mix (I like lemon)
1 & 1/4 C. water
1/2 C. oil
4 eggs
1 small package of instant pudding (I use lemon)
1 tsp. almond extract
2 Tblsp. poppy seeds

Blend all the ingredients and bake in a well greased and floured bundt pan at 350 for 40 minutes.

Glaze
1/4 C. orange juice
3/4 C. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. butter extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract

Mix together and brush over cake

No comments:

Post a Comment