Sunday, July 21, 2013

Luscious Lemon Cake

Summertime is fun! Being invited to go up the canyon to a potluck BBQ is refreshing! I decided to beat the heat with something lemony and created this cake.
It turned out to be delicious and just the right thing for a hot summer night.

Lemon Cake

1 boxed lemon cake mix
1 small box instant lemon pudding
4 eggs
I C. sour cream
1/2 C. oil
3/4 C. water

Combine all ingredients and mix well. I poured it into a greased 9X13 pan and baked it for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees (you could use two round pans or whatever suits your fancy). Let it cool. I cut my cake in half and poked it full of holes. Pour the juice and zest of one lemon mixed with 1 C. powdered sugar over the top of the cake and allow it to absorb. 
I then spread some lemon creme on one half of the cake and stack the other half on top. 
Frost with a light lemon frosting. 
I used 1/2 C. butter, 4 cups powdered sugar, several tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. vanilla and some milk.



More photos from the BBQ...





No comments:

Post a Comment