Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Gone Fishing

I have had an awesomely fun Summer!  My kids and I have been on many adventures together.  Over Labor Day weekend, we spent some time in Flaming Gorge.  I have never been there before in my life!
I have been waiting all Summer long to go camping in celebration of my grades last semester.  We stayed in our tent and had a great time!
The small town we stayed in had a parade in the morning and a boat parade and fireworks that evening.
We floated the river, and took the tour of the Flaming Gorge Dam.
I have heard the fishing is good there and we did try to fish but as luck would have it, we got seriously rained out!

So yesterday I imposed on a friend of mine who was out fishing all day and was gracious enough to take me out for an evening run.  The wind was blowing and the water was anything but calm.  Despite these conditions, I caught my first big fish!!  It is a Mackinaw.  It was thrilling and I now know that someday when I get my lathe, one of the things I am going to be trying to make is fishing lures!
Here is a photo of my fish which now resides in my freezer.
I even caught him on my favorite lake!


No comments:

Post a Comment