Friday, December 30, 2011

O' Christmas Tree




Here is a jewelry tree that I am just finishing up. Imagine that! I have had this stashed away because I ended up not liking it when I was done with it. It holds at least one piece of jewelry from each of my grandmothers and my mother. My sister made one of these to hang at Christmas time and I adored it so I tried to duplicate it. It is funny how different they turned out. My sister's tree is pastels and is so pretty! My sister-in-law made one as well out of really old jewelry pieces from her great aunt and has a lot of rhinestones. It is gorgeous. I am still not super fond of how mine turned out but I am happy to have it almost done. All I have to add is the small shaped pieces for my kids to play 'I Spy' with. My mother made the drawing of the tree on poster board so each of us could use it. She is a good artist. Most of my jewelry came from the local thrift store but there are a few cherished pieces in there. I do hope it will be passed down and cherished for a few generations. The back board is a piece of foam board that I used spray adhesive on to attach the black velvet to. I reinforced this by tacking the velvet to the back. I purchased the frame at a thrift store. The outline of the tree is simply a string of gold beads glued on the velvet. I used "liquid nails" for gluing the jewelry pieces on. It was a fun project to work on and my favorite part is trying to find the hidden objects.




4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I saw this on Pinterest and I think it's beautiful! I hope you set it up and enjoy it this Christmas!

    Fondly,
    Gramma Deenie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gramma Deenie!

      Thank you so much for the compliment! I definitely will hang it up and enjoy this Christmas.

      Sincerely,
      Marnie

      Delete
  2. OMG. I love, Love this idea. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Glad you love it!

      Delete