Sunday, February 27, 2011

Flour Sack Shower Curtain.



Despite my aversion to sewing, I have affectionately named my sewing machine Ambrosia. Ambrosia and I became best friends this past week as I worked on a project I will never attempt again! I barely survived the evil basting. I pricked myself countless times, bled from every finger learned that I really do hate sewing by hand and wondered why I keep subjecting myself to it. I guess the finished product holds just enough allure to keep me coming back for more. I persisted and though it is full of flaws, I finally finished my shower curtain!

The first picture is the inception and the last picture is how it ended up.

4 comments:

  1. Beeeyoooouuutttiiifffuuulll! I love it Sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I am remodeling my small bath in my old farmhouse and am going to use feed sacks for my shower curtain. Aren't you glad WE know we're not nuts?? I like your style.
    Jo in IL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! I have it hanging in my bathroom and LOVE it! I would love to see a pic of yours when you are done. Good luck! Let me know how it turns out.
      ~M

      Delete